Mobile technology has helped us improve so many parts of our lives that it’s hard for many of us to imagine life without it. But are you taking advantage of everything that your Android or iOS phone has to offer?
To help make the most of your user experience, we’ve compiled a few phone tips and tricks. These easy-access settings and applications are ready and waiting on your phone with a variety of privacy, efficiency and convenience benefits that are designed to make your life easier in the long run.
Uses of Smartphones to Help You Save Time, Space and Energy
Android and iOS devices have a wide range of applications and customization settings, from to-do list creation to notification management. Some of the hidden uses of smartphones that help you save time, energy and space may include:
- Creating reminders: You can access this function by going into your iPhone’s “Reminders” app or your Android’s Google Calendar.
- Offloading unused content and apps: This allows you to free up storage space without losing all your data!
- Using Low-Power Mode: Also known as “Battery Saver” on Android, you can use your phone’s low power functions to reduce background applications and extend battery life.
- Setting the Do Not Disturb feature: Limit interruptions while you sleep, work or drive by using the Do Not Disturb setting in your phone.
- Managing money: Apple Pay, Android Pay and other user-friendly smartphone apps make it easy to manage payments and banking information directly from your device.
Tips for Maximizing Security
Information privacy can be a major concern when you use a mobile device every day. That said, most of the latest smartphones already have features and functions designed to maximize your security. These include:
- Permissions settings: You can use permissions settings to determine which apps have access to your photos, camera, microphone, contacts and more.
- Location and GPS capabilities: If you ever lose your phone, location services may be able to help you find the device so that it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. Android users can find their phones on Google Find My Device, while Apple users can sign in to iCloud – Find My iPhone.
- Create a secure lock screen: Today’s devices allow you to set up passcodes, fingerprint recognition and even facial recognition. These security measures protect your phone if it’s ever stolen or picked up by a stranger.
Other Fun Tricks
If you want to learn how to get the most out of your phone, then prioritizing security, time-saving and battery-saving tips is the best way to go. Meanwhile, there are also a variety of other convenient tips you can use to enjoy your device to the fullest.
For instance, iPhones allow you to enable “Nightshift,” which protects your eyes from blue light in the evening. Android phones offer a similar featured called “Blue light filter” which can be toggled on and off or set to a schedule. You can customize ringtones, set up parental controls for kids, or even take photos and record videos at the same time! Android also offers many customization options, from personalized wallpapers and icons to widgets, messages and more.
These are just a few of the phone tips and tricks you can use to optimize the return on investment for your mobile device. After you’ve made the most of your smartphone’s capabilities, we offer a safe, easy repurpose option. Contact us today if you’re interested in selling one of your old mobile devices to The Whiz Cells!