Sell Your iPad & iPhone Online
It might be hard to imagine life without iPhones and iPads, but these nearly ubiquitous technologies have only been available since the late 2000s. The very first iPhone was released in 2007, and the first-generation iPad followed three years later. In 2007, you could buy an iPhone for $499 to $599. In 2010, you could buy an iPad for $499.
Since then, Apple has released new generations of both the iPhone and iPad, each one eagerly awaited by consumers. The next generation of the iPhone (iPhone 3G) came out just a year later and cost significantly less at $199. Ten years later, Apple released its iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which cost between $699 and $949 alongside its iPhone X flagship which launched at $999. iPhone prices over the years typically have gone up, particularly with the later models. The iPhone XS, at launch, cost between $999 and $1,149 at launch, making it the most expensive iPhone yet. This generation also included the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. The latest generation, the iPhone 11, took a step back in pricing with the base model costing $699, the iPhone 11 Pro costing $999, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max priced at $1,099.
Apple has not released as many generations of iPad. Nine years since its debut, the iPad has gone through five generations. iPad prices over time have changed based on the size and model. Currently, the company’s iPad line includes the iPad Pro (12.9-inch and 11-inch), iPad (10.2 inches) and iPad mini 5th Gen (7.9 inches). Prices on the iPad Pro range from $799 to $1,649, depending on the size and storage capabilities. Price on the iPad ranges from $329 to $559, while the iPad mini 5th Gen starts at $399 and sells for $679 with Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity.
With newer models to choose from, many users find themselves eager to sell their older phone or iPad. If you are wondering how to sell your iPad or iPhone, you have the option to do so online with The Whiz Cells. Here’s a guide you can use to walk you through the process of selling your iPhone and iPad online.
How Do I Sell My iPhone Online?
How do I sell my iPhone online? What about my old iPad? If you’re looking to get rid of that obsolete or damaged device, you’ll definitely want to find a reputable buyer that will pay top dollar and offer a secure transaction process. Selling online means you have the option to compare sellers easily. Here are a few factors to consider when selecting an online buyer:
- Price: How much is the buyer willing to pay for your device? Does the buyer make it easy to get a quote? Finding the best price will help you narrow down your options.
- Convenience: Selling an old iPhone or iPad should be a quick way to get cash that you can put toward a new device. That means convenience is going to be a major deciding factor. Does the buyer make it easy to ship your device? Do you have to pay for shipping? How quickly will you get paid? How will the buyer pay you?
- Security: Finally, you want to know that you are participating in a secure transaction. Does the buyer immediately wipe any personal data left on devices it buys? Does the buyer offer secure, online payment?
Once you select the right online buyer, you can follow a simple process to sell your device. TheWhizCells.com makes selling an iPhone or iPad online fast, easy and safe. Plus, we offer competitive pricing.
How Does It Work?
If you are deciding where to sell your iPad or iPhone online, you want to select a purchaser that makes the process as easy as possible for you. You can begin the process of selling that outdated or damaged iPad or iPhone by signing up for a free TheWhizCells.com account. Dig that old device out of the drawer, answer a few brief questions and you’ll receive an immediate cash offer. Here is what you need to know about your device to receive an immediate quote:
- Device type: Is your Apple device an iPad or an iPhone?
- Device generation: What generation does the device belong to? The Whiz Cells makes it easy to find your exact device with large images and descriptions for all of the most recent Apple devices.
- Carrier: Once you have selected your device, you will need to choose your carrier. Did you get your iPhone through Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile or U.S. Cellular? If your iPad does not have a carrier, select Wi-Fi only capabilities.
- Data storage amount: You will need to know how many gigabytes your device has. For example, does your iPhone 11 have 64gb, 128gb, or 256gb?
- Device condition: Next, you will have to take a look at your device to assess its condition. Does the phone look brand new? If so, it is in excellent condition. Is the phone completely functional with a few scratches? If so, it is considered in good condition. You can also select an option for a functional phone with a cracked screen. The Whiz Cells also buys broken devices.
- Ownership: In the last step, you will need to indicate whether the device is paid off or not.
Once you have your quote, you can decide to sell. Package your device, either with your own box or the packaging we send you, and ship it to TheWhizCells.com. You’ll receive a free shipping label regardless of which packaging option you choose. Once we receive your device, you will be paid through PayPal, Venmo, or by personal check.
How Much Can I Make When I Sell My Device?
How much you can make when selling your iPhone or iPad depends on what generation device you are selling and its condition. A damaged device from an older generation will be worth less than an iPhone 8 in mint condition. Here is a look at what you can make selling your device to The Whiz Cells based on different carriers.
- Verizon iPhone trade-in prices: You can trade in a 256gb iPhone 8 Plus from Verizon in excellent condition for approximately $245. An older generation, like the 64gb iPhone 6S, in excellent condition can still be traded in for approximately $77.
- AT&T iPhone trade-in prices: You can trade in a 256gb iPhone 8 Plus from AT&T in excellent condition for approximately $235. The iPhone 7 Plus, an older generation, from AT&T in excellent condition can be sold for approximately $160.
- T-Mobile iPhone trade-in prices: You can sell a 256gb iPhone 8 Plus from T-Mobile in excellent condition for approximately $225. The 128gb iPhone 6S, another older generation, from T-Mobile can be sold for approximately $62.
- Sprint iPhone trade-in prices: You can sell a 256gb iPhone 8 Plus from Sprint in excellent condition for approximately $205. A 128gb iPhone 6S Plus in excellent condition from Sprint can be sold for approximately $82.
When it comes to selling iPads, you can also expect the price to vary based on their generation and condition. For example, at The Whiz Cells, you can sell a 128gb 6th-generation iPad with Wi-Fi only capabilities in excellent condition for approximately $120. A 64gb iPad 3 with Wi-Fi only capabilities in excellent condition can be sold for approximately $20.
How Long Does It Take to Receive Payment?
When you sell your iPhone or iPad online, how quickly you receive payment is one of the first things you will want to know. If you want to receive your payment as quickly as possible, you have the option to use our Stupid Fast Payment. First, you send your device with your own packaging, which you can typically purchase for less than a dollar. Next, you ship us your device. We will cover all shipping costs. When you use the Stupid Fast Payment option, you will choose PayPal or Venmo as your payment method. Once we receive your device, we will send you the cash. You should have the cash within one business day, but it could even be the very same day we get your device.
How Do I Sell My iPhone or iPad Without Having to Use My Own Packaging?
While buying your own packaging is inexpensive, you may not want to head to the store to pick it up. If you prefer, we can send you the right packaging for your iPhone or iPad right to you at no cost. You can pack up your device and send it to us. Next, we will send you your payment via PayPal or Venmo within 72 hours of receiving your device. If you prefer a personal check, it usually takes seven to 10 days to receive payment. Regardless of what option you chose, we will take care of all shipping costs.
Once you decide you want to sell your iPhone online for cash, you will want to take a couple of steps before actually shipping the device. Your iPhone or iPad likely contains a lot of personal information you do not want to lose or share with anyone else. First, back up your data on Apple’s iCloud, or another cloud service, to ensure you do not lose it. The iCloud stores the data on your phone, like photos, videos, apps, contacts and documents. The service is useful if you lose or break your device. It also comes in handy if you decide to sell your iPad online.
After you have backed up all of the information on your phone, you can wipe it clean. This is a simple process that ensures no personal information is left on your phone when you sell it. To wipe your iPhone or iPad, go the device’s Settings. Under the General section, you will find a Reset option. From there, you can select Erase All Content and Settings. This means anything personal you ever stored on your phone will be erased.
You are almost ready to ship your device, but you do not want to forget your SIM card. SIM cards come with iPhones and any iPads that have cell service. Your SIM card can be inserted into your new device, so you have the same phone number and cell service. You can use a paperclip to gently pop open the SIM card tray on the side of your device. Be sure to keep the SIM card somewhere safe until you are ready to insert it into your new device.
What About Security?
Many people have concerns about selling their electronic devices to third parties. You store so much of your life on your phone and tablet that you want to be sure that your photos, texts and information are not compromised when you sell your old device. If you do not know how to wipe your data at home or forgot to take that step, we will take care of it. At The Whiz Cells, we’ll do a complete data wipe as soon as we receive your iPhone or iPad to remove all personal or sensitive data, giving you total peace of mind. We have established a solid reputation as a trusted electronics purchaser, so you’ll avoid the uncertainty and possible dangers that come with selling your device via online auctions or by meeting in person with a stranger.
Why Sell Online Instead of In-Store?
Selling your iPhone or iPad online is not your only option. You also have the option to trade in your device in-store. You can opt for in-store trade-ins at electronics stores or at carrier stores. Online buyers typically offer higher prices than retail stores, which is a big check in the pro column. Of course, the price will depend on what generation of iPhone or iPad you are selling and its condition. Second, retailers may be more likely to offer you store credit than cash. If you are interested in using that credit, that could be a good pick. If you would prefer the cash to use toward a new device or anything else you may want to buy, selling online may be the option for you. You should consider what is more convenient for you. If you sell online, you can ship your device and receive fast payment. If you head into the store, you may have to wait in a long line to sell your old device. At The Whiz Cells, you can sell your iPhone or iPad for a competitive price and receive cash without having to wait in a long line at a retail location.
When Should I Sell My iPhone or iPad?
When to sell your iPhone or iPad is ultimately up to you, but here are a few factors that can help you decide. First, is your device damaged? If so, it either is not working or may soon stop working. This is the most obvious sign that it is time to sell. Even if your device is damaged, you can still get some cash to put toward a new iPhone or iPad. Second, is your phone or iPad outdated? It might not be operating as quickly, or you might simply want a newer generation. This is a good indication that you are ready to start exploring your selling options. Finally, you are likely to get the most for your phone before a new generation comes out. When a new iPhone is released, the value of the previous generation significantly drops. Keep an eye on Apple’s announcements when you are thinking of selling your iPhone or iPad.
Sell Your Apple Device to The Whiz Cells
If you want to sell your iPhone online, we make the process quick and simple. The Whiz Cells allows you to trade in your iPhone or iPad for cash. Visit our Apple products page and create a free online account. You can stop dreaming about the new model and use the cash from your old device to upgrade to a newer generation.
Ready to sell your phone?
RISK FREE : free shipping, get paid within 24hrs