The iPhone8 is out, and if you’re an iPhone fan, you probably feel like you just have to have one. But how do you upgrade to the newest iPhone 8 release when you have your old phone to deal with? Here are some simple steps to upgrading to iPhone 8.
Trading in Your Old Smartphone for an iPhone 8
You probably can’t afford to buy a new cellphone every time one comes out, and if your old smartphone is in good working order, it would be a waste to just throw it away anyway. The solution is to go to an electronics reseller to trade in your phone. It doesn’t matter if your phone is an iPhone, an Android a Google Phone — it doesn’t even matter if it’s broken, although that will affect the sale price. Doing this couldn’t be easier:
- Go to TheWhizCells.com and click where prompted to indicate which type of smartphone you want to sell.
- Fill out a form with all the information about your current phone.
- Either wait and send your phone in using the packaging the we provide, or use your own packaging and get an even faster return on your phone. We’ll provide you with a free shipping label.
- Once you send it in and we verify your item, you’ll get paid almost immediately, usually within 72 hours of receipt if you use our packaging, within a day if you use your own.
- Save the money we send you via PayPal, Dwolla or a check and put it toward your new iPhone 8!
Transferring Data From Your Old Smartphone to an iPhone 8
Of course, you don’t want to lose all the apps, music and settings you put on your old phone when you upgrade to iPhone 8, not to mention all your contacts and phone numbers. Fortunately, transferring all this information is super easy with iPhone.
- If you buy your new iPhone 8 before selling your old phone and your old phone is running iOS 11, just put the old phone close to your iPhone 8 and wait for the option of setting up your new device with your Apple ID.
- Provide your Apple ID and an animation will pop up on your new phone.
- Hold the old phone over the new phone and center the animation in the viewfinder until you get the option to Finish on New iPhone.
- Enter your old phone’s passcode on the new device, and just follow the instructions on the new device. Soon you’ll be fully transferred over!
If you can’t or don’t want to use this method, you’ll need to back up your old phone to iCloud and keep your SIM card. Here’s how:
- When you get the new phone, put in your SIM card and navigate to the iCloud to find your backup.
- Join your Wi-Fi Network and go to the Apps and Data screen.
- Tap Restore from iCloud Backup to transfer your data. You can also move your backed-up data from an Android phone to your iPhone from this screen by selecting Move Data from Android.