If you’re planning to buy new headphones, 2019 is a great year to do so. With more and more manufacturers perfecting Bluetooth technology, the quality of audio that today’s headphones and earbuds offer is steadily on the rise. Add to that the increasing quality of touch and swipe capabilities as well as more ergonomic, comfortable and robust designs, and it’s clear you can get a set of headphones or earbuds that match your lifestyle while living up to your expectations.
Here are some of 2019’s top headphones and earbuds for iPhone and Android phones:
- Apple AirPods 2: Among the top headphones for iPhones are, of course, AirPods 2. These completely wireless earbuds are specifically designed for iPhones and other Apple products that don’t have a headphone jack. Compared to the first generation AirPods, it takes them 50 percent less time to switch devices — plus, the battery offers 50 percent more talk time. And with Apple’s signature ergonomic design, a new H1 chip, “Hey Siri” functionality and an optional wireless charging case, they bring convenience and performance to a whole new level. These earbuds cost $159 without the charging case and $199 with the case.
- RHA TrueConnect: When it comes to the best smartphone wireless headphones, RHA TrueConnect doesn’t disappoint. For $169.95 you get sleekly designed earbuds and a charging case with multiple eartips plus foam tips — all designed to fit securely and resist water and sweat. The audio quality of these headphones features deep bass and crisp highs, and the on-ear controls allow you to easily navigate, play tracks, use voice assistant and manage calls. Finally, with a battery life that matches other headphones in the same price category, what’s not to love?
- TicPods Free: For an affordable set of earbuds that are compatible with iOS and Android, as well as Google Assistant, Siri and Alexa, check out TicPods Free. Available in a range of colors, these headphones feature intuitive touch controls on the stems — simple tap-and-swipe gestures for Bluetooth, music playback and voice assistance. With reasonably good audio quality, in-ear detection, anywhere between three and four hours of play per charge and a sticker price of only $129, these earbuds are a great deal.
- Bose QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones: These stylish in-ear headphones are among the best smartphone headphones with a mic. They’re available for both iOS and Android, so they’re compatible with whatever operating system you use. When you have them in noise-canceling mode, you can focus entirely on your music. If you want to know what’s going on around you, you can choose an aware mode. And with an in-line microphone, you can seamlessly switch to calls and other functions. At $249.95 they’re pricier than most — but they’re worth it thanks to the Bose® noise-canceling technology as well as the awesome sound from TriPort® and Active EQ technology.
- 1MORE Quad Driver In-Ear Headphones: At $169.99, these stylish headphones are more affordable than the Bose set — however, they’re also not wireless. But with four drivers that function like mini speakers and three armatures that work like mini tweeters, you get superior acoustics that will make even the most dedicated audiophile happy. In fact, these headphones were tuned by Luca Bignardi, a Grammy® award-winning sound engineer, so you can be sure that the soundstage is correctly balanced and highly realistic. The handy in-line controls allow you to skip songs, control the volume and make calls without any problems. These in-ear headphones are available for Android and iPhone.
Do you have more questions about the top earbuds for phones, or are you looking to sell your old mobile devices now that you’ve traded up? Contact us at your earliest convenience. Our knowledgeable support team is here to help.