Get Fast Cash for Your Phone!
Nearly half of all damage to smartphones is caused by water. Water damage occurs when a phone is exposed to moisture, humidity, and sweat. The sink, pool, toilet, shower, lake, and ocean are common places where people accidentally drop their phones. Even indirect exposure to moisture, like rain, fog, or steam, can trigger the internal moisture sensor on most smartphones. Water can damage a phone significantly and be expensive to fix. How do you fix a water-damaged phone? Can you sell a phone with water damage?
Drying Off Your Phone
If your phone has been exposed to liquid, it is time to act quickly. Don’t panic. You want to remain calm and handle the situation with a clear mind. If you have not already, remove your phone or device from the liquid; the longer it sits in the liquid, the more damage and the more costly the repair. Next, turn the phone off but do not plug it in or attempt to turn it on to see if it works. Doing so can cause any residual moisture inside the phone to fry its hardware. If able, eject the SIM card and remove the battery. Remove any other parts that can be taken off without tools. Dry the device off with a towel to prevent any additional liquid from entering the device.
There are a few methods that may help to dry any internal electronics:
- Air dry: Set your device on a windowsill with warm air for a few days. Do not turn it on to check if it is working.
- Uncooked rice: Place your phone in a bag or sealed container with instant rice for 24 hours. The rice will absorb moisture.
- Silica gel: Silica gel is commonly found inside small white pouches placed inside shoes, bags, and snacks to help them stay dry. Inside the pouches are silica beads. You can place your phone in a sealed bag or container with silica beads. The silica will absorb the moisture.
- Vacuum: You can use a vacuum to suck out any moisture. Do not use a hair dryer which would push water further into the phone.
- Call a pro: The final option is to seek professional repair. These trained technicians will be able to assess the damage done to your phone and provide you with further advice.
Please note that none of the above methods are foolproof. The best way to prevent water damage is to use a waterproof case and not expose your phone to wet conditions.
How to Sell a Water-Damaged Phone
Here are the steps to sell a water-damaged smartphone or device.
- Assess the damage: First, inspect the phone to assess the extent of the damage. Can the phone turn on and off? Check if all functions, such as the camera, speakers, and microphone, are working correctly. Phones with minor damage, such as a water spot on the screen, are still sellable. If the phone cannot turn on or has extensive damage, recycling may be the best option for your phone.
- Disclose the damage: Do not try to hide any damage from potential buyers. It is best to be as honest as possible to prevent any potential conflicts or disputes. Share images of the damage in your listing and state that the phone has water damage.
- Sell to a reputable buyer: Finding the right buyer for your water-damaged device is important. Some companies on the market specialize in purchasing and refurbishing water-damaged phones. Avoid buyers offering an unusually high price for a damaged phone, as they may be scammers.
- Erase all data: Before you sell your phone, you should wipe it of all personal data, including contacts, messages, photos, passwords, credit card numbers and more. You may reset your phone using a factory reset or data-wiping app; however, to ensure your phone is extra safe, manually erase all the data before performing a hard reset. Doing so will protect your privacy and protect you from identity theft.
- Secure shipping: After you have found a buyer, ship the phone in secure packaging. Use a sturdy box with ample padding to prevent damage during transit. Choose a reliable shipping service and track the shipment to ensure it reaches the buyer safely.
It is possible to sell a water-damaged phone if you follow the steps listed above to guarantee a successful transaction. After you have assessed the damage, disclosed all damage to the buyer, chosen a reliable buyer, erased all data, and shipped the phone securely, you can feel confident knowing you have sold your phone successfully
Sell Your Water Damaged Cell Phones Online for Cash with The Whiz Cells
Are you accident-prone? Have you dropped your phone in the toilet? Is it time to upgrade your phone? The Whiz Cells can sell your old phone or tablet online without hassle. Don’t trash it; cash it. Sell your phone online for top dollar with The Whiz Cells. You will receive a fast and easy payment when you sell us your phone. It all begins by starting the online selling process at The Whiz Cells.