If you sell your old cell phone to a reputable buyback company such as The Whiz Cells, you can receive top dollar for your device. However, it must arrive in its stated condition in order to receive the quoted price. Here are a few valuable tips regarding the best way to mail a cell phone:
- When you package a cell phone for shipping, use a cardboard shipping box that allows about an inch on all sides for packing material
- Fill about half the box with crumpled newspaper or other suitable packing material, such as the tissue paper commonly used in gift boxes
- Protect your phone by wrapping it with multiple layers of bubble wrap
- Place the phone in the center of the box and fill the remaining space and edges with the packing material
- Close the box and gently shake it to ensure that the phone does not slide around
- Use packing tape to seal the top of the box shut and affix your shipping label
Before packing your cell phone, it is important to remove its SIM and SD cards to ensure your private information does not fall into the wrong hands. It’s also a good idea to charge the battery, so the buyback company can test it upon receipt. Take photos with timestamps, so you have tangible proof of its pre-shipping condition. Finally, be sure to choose a reputable shipper that offers tracking and insurance services.