These days, cell phones and smartphones are used for talking, taking photos, recording videos, shopping and navigating. All of this perpetual activity can place a heavy demand on even the best battery for a smartphone or cell phone, especially as it gets older. The following tips can help you avoid draining your battery so quickly, and may even extend your phone battery’s life:
- Give it a rest. Turning your phone off before you go to sleep or during times when you cannot or don’t want to take calls can go a long way towards lengthening your cell phone’s battery life.
- Don’t overcharge. Don’t charge your battery overnight, as this can lead to overheating. A good practice is to plug your phone in when you get home at the end of the day, and then unplug it when you go to bed.
- Monitor app use. Apps will drain all cell phone and smartphone batteries quickly, so turn them off when you’re not using them. Also minimize the amount of free apps that you download, as these contain ads that suck up your battery juice. You should also get rid of old apps you no longer use.
- Limit GPS dependence. GPS is another big battery drainer, so turn it off when you’re not using it. If your car has GPS, rely on it for navigation instead of your phone.
- Reduce brightness. Darker screen settings require less battery power than brighter screens.
Compare Cell Phones
If you’re in the process of buying a new cell phone or smartphone, do some research to see which ones offer a longer battery life. When you get rid of your old phone, you can also sell it for fast cash at The Whiz Cells! Contact us today.